Wednesday 12 September 2018

12/09 Greenham Common

Location: Greenham Common Western Enclosure
Session: 12-Sep-2018 0740 to 11:00hrs
Headlines: Nearly didn’t go this morning as light rain was forecast and the rain radar showed it to be on its way. Glad I did because I had one of the best mornings of the year here although I was expecting to be rained off at any time. Not only was there a good passage of Blackcaps but I ringed my “annual” Redstart, a 1st summer female. Chiffchaff numbers are still relatively low and a “late Whitethroat was an adult in pristine plumage. The two re-trapped Chiffchaff are interesting, wonder where they have been since I ringed them? The rain, as it often does, split and went each side of the Greenham Plateau. As I packed away my equipment it began to spot with rain so good timing for a change.  
Weather: overcast, light wind to calm, cool
Present: JL
Nets: 48metres in three rides of 18m, 18m ,12m up from 08:00 to 10:30hrs
Lure (audio): playlists Warbler, Miscellaneous Migrants(part), Autumn(part), Redstart shuffled intermittently
Capture (New/Recapture)
53(51/02)
Matching Visit: none

Species
New
Rtp
Juv
Adult
BLACA
41

41

BLUTI
1

1

CHIFF
6
2
8

GRETI
1

1

REDST
1

1

WHITE
1


1
Species
New
Rtp
Juv
Adult










Recaptures: (2) Chiffchaff ringed as juveniles 26-Jun-2018 and 24-Jul-2018


Today's 1st Summer Female Redstart

Sightings: casual again today as I was quite busy and didn’t detect much, obviously the best bird was the Redstart and the late Whitethroat was also a nice species after most of these have left for the winter.

No comments: